Saturday, March 14, 2009

Progress Continues...

Dateline Friday:
While test fitting the rollcage, we've realized that this kit requires us to take out the dashboard. What Jimmy, the cage builder didn't know, was that there's a big crossbeam under the dash, right where he had the legs coming down. So, we cut it out! It was the first time I'd ever used a Sawzall...that's a badass tool! With much work, Jim & I got the dash out.

While we had the dash out, it was pretty easy to make the decision to go all the way; we'd also remove the rest of the heating system. The fans, the heater core, the hoses, the ductwork...everything.

By the end of the day Saturday, we'd done all that work, bypassed the cooling system, test fit the race seat & decided to make more changes to the cage from what we had. Roger had done a yeoman's job of getting the cage bits trimmed, measured, tweeked & installed...and we still have more to go.

But, we'll ge there. And we're much closer now that ever before.