There's still a bit of trouble; seems to be a case of fuel starvation; lots of coughs & sputtering at throttle tip in & up through the revs. It could be something simple like a clogged filter in the tank...or either of the fuel pumps, or the fuel accumulator, or... Either way, we'll be tearing into it later today & tomorrow.
This weekend's goal: get the coolant, engine oil, trans & diff lubes swapped out. The suspension too; install the Koni Sport shocks & Race Dynamics lowering springs from MSMAutos.com.
We still have a pretty good "To Do" list:
- Fuel System (obviously, this is the big one!) Got to get her running correctly
- Suspension install
- Re-bleed the brakes; pedal is a bit soft (although the clutch feels great)
- Adjust the rear drum brakes
- Exhaust; we'll probably just hack off the original one & hang a Cherry Bomb
- Wheels & tires; got to get them mounted up but we now have 2 sets of wheels & 3 sets of tires!
- Roll Cage; my (foolish) buddy Roger Sigears at Petty has said he'll help us out with welding the cage in.
- Safety equipment; we need to fab up a seat mount, bolt in the seat, add belts and a window net.
Want to lend a hand? Just drop a line: HammersHeroes@JohnHammer.org and bring your wrenches!