Friday, January 23, 2009

Saut Cakalaka... That’s German for Redneck!

Work on my new racecar is coming along well; the '83 BMW 320i that I'm building so we can race in the 24 Hours of Lemons a couple times in 2009.

I'm mooching as many freebies as I can to keep the budget REALLY tight; even with $800+ in a rollcage, I'm expecting to keep the total cost of this car under $2000...hopefully closer to $1700. Most recently, I got offered some wheels from John Applegit of the Upstate South Carolina Vintage BMW Club. I swung by the BMW factory today to pick them up (he works there) & had a great visit at BMW's museum & visitor center, the Zentrum.














































































Stay tuned for more updates on the car (it'll be NOTHING like the ones shown here!)